MomZenArtist on Instagram

Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Liking Lines

I love tangle patterns with repeating straight lines.  Finding them the most relaxing, I have long since abandoned my fear of perfectly straight lines in favor of breathing and drawing each single line.  I love how tightly drawn lines come together in patterns like IX and Zander.  I can create oceans filled with Printemps watching my lines coil and coil into a relaxing wave or swirls.

Thanks to the Diva (based on Carole Ohl's pattern Tink), I got to play with Somnee, as the Diva's new pattern is temporarily named.  This easy pattern, drawn Hollibaugh style, looks like gears, pulleys, or other interesting, movable contraptions.

I had been working on some bookmarks for a swap ages ago but had not yet been inspired to finish them. I love the backgrounds I created with Twinkling H2Os and stencils, but I couldn't decide how I wanted to tangle a few of them.  The second I saw Somnee, I knew I had to tangle one of my goddess dresses!  I love how it looks like armor, crochet, and a harness all in one.  I may also have been inspired by the fact that I've just finished watching the first season of Game of Thrones.

Thanks for the challenge, Laura.  I needed this one to get me unstuck.  Now on to the rest of the bookmarks!


23 comments:

  1. Oh my! I love, love, love your bookmark. You are one creative CZT! Hope you continue having fun. :)

    Happy Tangling,

    Jacque Solomon
    www.tanglebright.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you! I'm looking forward to laminating her and adding some fun ribbons/fibers too.

      Delete
  2. Emily, Love, love, love, your book mark! I also thought it looked like pulleys.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's going to be difficult to part with these. I may have to keep a spare for myself, but which one? :-)

      Delete
  3. You are so clever! I like that you used the new tangle as the dress pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool and creative!! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great use of this tangle in the bookmark. Really like the colors in this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! These are my colors. I like anything that looks like fall.

      Delete
  6. Very creative... I love it... Love ,Light and Peace...Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful and very creative bookmark! It´s really unique!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic work on that bookmark. The color is happy and the tangles fit so nicely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much. I love these colors. That may have been why it took so long for me to add tangles. I wanted to find something that would fit or feel right to me.

      Delete
  9. Very cool the way you have used the unnamed tangle - this rocks!!

    ~ Diane Clancy
    http://www.dianeclancy.com/blog/2014/05/divas-unnamed-challenge-entry/

    ReplyDelete