MomZenArtist on Instagram

Monday, August 4, 2014

Initially Tangled

Last week's Diva challenge was to use the initials in our name to pick the tangles for our artwork.  I took the opportunity to find patterns on TanglePatterns.com that I had never used.

To go along with my EC, I chose Escalator by CZT and author, Suzanne McNeill and CO2 by Antonine Megger.  I opted to use my middle initial, but since it is also E, I just added more Escalator.

I love how this tile ended up reminiscent of Escher's impossible stairs in Relativity.  I was always a big Escher fan, and I know that part of my love of Zentangle® art is related to this stunning example of lifework and shading.



I filled the tile with Escalator going in different directions.  I found it easier to do if I completed one set of stairs before moving on to another one.  I added an inner aura in the three negative spaces then put some cute CO2 bubbles around the outside so they could float behind the stairs.

I had a lot of fun with this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment