MomZenArtist on Instagram

Saturday, September 13, 2014

The Thing with Ing

I always love it when a new pattern emerges from the creative minds at Zentangle®.  Of course people create patterns all the time as we are all inspired by shapes around us, but there's a special energy that develops when a pattern emerges from Rick, Maria, and Molly, the heart of Zentangle.

This week's Diva challenge invited us to play with the new pattern Ing.   I've had a few opportunities to play with this pattern, and I like how flexible it can be for filling options.  The simple external line structure is wonderful to fill with a variety of shapes or other tangles.

My first tile created for the SquareOne: Purely Zentangle® Facebook group features a central Ing surrounded by some Static.  I love the simplicity of the pattern and wanted to aura the external shape of Ing.


The next tile also features a central Ing.  I think I really enjoy mimicking the outer shape.  This time I used my aura to create Tripoli on each side with different fillers.  This is quite the triangular tile.  I love how filling Ing with Paradox makes it tricky to see the initial structure.  A chameleon pattern.


3 comments:

  1. Two nice tiles. I like the simplicity of the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed, the first has this 'less is more' feeling, but the other one is beautiful as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's fun to use a tangle inside a tangle. Great work!

    ReplyDelete