MomZenArtist on Instagram

Sunday, December 14, 2014

Sand Dollars and Fireworks

Welcome back to the Diva!  It's wonderful to have Laura back blogging and inspiring us.  I wish her darling Artoo continued success in his recovery.  

The Diva has tasked us with playing with the latest Zentangle® pattern, Arukas.  I like the idea of this tangle but still haven't quite fallen in love with it yet.  I do tend to like patterns with very straight, repetitive lines, like IX, so I figured I would like this one quickly.  It is fun to create, but I think I need to explore it some more.  I haven't quite achieved the star look, but I think that many, like my Bijou tile, look like sand dollars.  
This is one of the first times I used Bronx Cheer to cover something that I deemed less than favorable.  One of the Arukas turned into a nice round shape resembling a sand dollar.  I liked it, but the other one had lines that went off the Bijou tile.  I decided that I liked the rounder look and plunked down some Bronx Cheer.  Ha!  Should I have revealed my secret, or would you have guessed anyway?  

Others remind me of fireworks or bugs or scorpions because at least one of the interior shapes always ends up looking puffy.  It's still cool because I never quite know how it's going to turn out.
I am enjoying filling in my initial spokes or rays to give a little contrast.  I like the look of that in this Bijou frame tile:


Have you been playing with Arukas?  What do you think of it so far?


2 comments:

  1. I.m not really sure that I will use Arukas a lot in the future, but it's always nice to try a new tangle. You did quite well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I'm still playing with this pattern and trying to find a groove that works for me. It does have many options for tangleations.

      Delete