MomZenArtist on Instagram

Sunday, December 7, 2014

All Dolled Up as the Guest Diva

The famous Diva asked a few CZTs to fill in and write guest posts while her darling son Artoo had eye surgery.  Fortunately he is doing well and recovering.  I know how terrified I was when my little one had surgery.  I am sending healing wishes to the whole family!

This week, I had the fortunate pleasure of writing one of the guest posts.  I hope you had fun playing along with my challenge.  You can read all about it at I am the Diva.  It was an honor to help Laura (the Diva) as well as to serve as an inspiration for tanglers around the world.  I am loving each and every piece created.  I am going through the 50 plus responses posted on the Diva's site.  It's so touching to think that my idea has inspired people around the world!

I've been tangling quite a few paper dolls to adorn a Christmas tree at the Andover Historical Society for their annual event.  Each tree is decorated to accompany an inspiration piece from the collection.  My inspiration this year was paper dolls.  I created a paper doll dress template and tangled each using different patterns.  I had a wonderful time completing these and thinking about how the patterns could mimic folds of fabric.

Here is an assortment of my tangled dresses up close as well as the finished tree.


I love the Flux skirt on this one:

 Of course I had to use my pattern YAH in one of the dresses.
 I love the feel of the Printemps-stuffed Hollibaugh in this one:

Here's the finished tree.  I wish that my top hat tree topper idea had worked.  The hat was so large that it overpowered the rest of the tree so I had to scrap it.  Then I wondered if I should have added more color to the tree through balls or ribbons.  I wanted the tree to reflect the beauty and simplicity of the Zentangle® method without being too busy.  I wanted my hand-tangled dresses to speak for themselves.  I hope I made the right choice by keeping it simple.





Here's my Renaissance doll too.  She was a lot of fun to create!


Thanks for tangling with me this week!  If you haven't shared your creation on the Diva's site, I hope you'll share it with me on Facebook, by email, or in a comment here.  I'd love to see your work.


10 comments:

  1. Emily, your challenge was so much fun! Thank you. Your dresses are fabulous and I like the way that the tree turned out ... just perfect, not overpowering, but absolutely beautiful. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The tree and the dresses are truly beautiful. I think you did the right thing in keeping it simple to let the dolls stand out. Your tile is cute, also. I enjoyed doing the challenge this week and have gotten many wonderful ideas from those who participated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I, too, have been inspired by everyone who participated. What a fun experience.

      Delete
  3. Thanks for this interesting challenge.Love what you did with these paper doll forms. Love the tree.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This tree is different and a lot of fun. Thanks for the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. What a collection. Thanks for a great challenge.

    ReplyDelete