MomZenArtist on Instagram

Friday, December 18, 2015

I'm Dreaming of a Gem-Filled Christmas

Inspiration can be rejuvenating.

I've been tangling off and on this fall, but I haven't posted many pieces. I still love to tangle, but the craziness of life sometimes creeps up on me (especially when it comes to recording my process).

No matter how crazy life gets, when I see something that inspires me, I pick up my Microns immediately!

There is an exciting new trend of incorporating stunning gemstones into tangling. The gems can be a focal point or a fun and colorful fill for a larger ZIA. Maybe it's because I love unique jewelry and collect funky stones, but I fell in love with this idea.

The two people who initially inspired me with this jewel of an idea are Kae Yoshino (Tangle Fan) and Eni Oken. Their work is breathtaking!

I've been experimenting with different colored pencils and a variety of tangles, but I think my favorite for the gems (so far) would be Derwent Inktense pencils.  I've also played with Prismas with different blenders.  It's fun to watch the color pop to life!

Here is one I created for a swap using Arukas and Inktense pencils. I only hope I'll be able to send this one to a lucky recipient instead of keeping it for myself.

One of my favorite pieces is this purple stone.  It was the second gemstone I created.

I see many gems in my future!  

1 comment: