MomZenArtist on Instagram

Monday, February 4, 2013

Basking in the Sun

This week's Diva challenge was the UMT (Use My Tangle) pattern Dansk by CZT Margaret Bremner.  The pattern is similar to others I've done recently like Sand Swirl, but for some reason, I couldn't get the hand of this one.  Just like with other skills, there is always something new to learn, and practice yields a better result (the perfectionist in me is resisting the phrase "practice makes perfect").  I'm going to keep playing with it, and I'm still posting my first project.  I've come along way and am proud to share each piece instead of hiding the "lesser" pieces from view.  Each piece is part of my artistic journey much like each step of an infant builds up to running.  A misstep or "misstroke" here or there isn't cause to worry; I dust myself off and try again.

After my Dreamweaver trees, I wanted to keep playing with my stencils and ink.  This ZIA (Zentangle Inspired Art) is a journal page.  I started with the stencil lizard then stippled ink on the rest of the page in sunny and rocky hues.  Next I tangled over the ink starting with the "sun" in Dansk.  I'm thinking I might prefer this pattern smaller or confined in a string.  I love opportunities to play with patterns until I find the right groove!  Indyrella flows from Dansk, and N'Zeppel (Random) is the rocky area.  I tweaked the lizard, and there you go.


This is "sun" number 5 for my daughter.  If you'd like to share some sunshine for my family, please do!

Anyone who knows me is aware of my love of lizards.  :-)  It's not uncommon to find lizards and lizard artifacts in my home or crafting.  I love this cute little gecko from Dreamweaver!

The Diva, Laura, is giving away one of Carol Ohl's amazing Tangle A Day calendars. To enter, visit the Diva's site, and leave a comment saying you'd like a chance to win a calendar. You get an extra entry if you share the giveaway on your blog. If you like The Diva's Weekly Zentangle page on Facebook, you can get an extra entry! Contest will end this saturday at midnight. Good luck (although I'm hoping to win)!

14 comments:

  1. I envy those who are bold enough to try COLORS on their Tangles....Ive not been able to do it thus far. Just used RED in some of em....Luv this piece...:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice done , i see it with a big smile!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can feel the warmth of the sun in your zia. Beautifull

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can almost feel the warmth of this sun! Great is February.
    Your zia is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice Zia. Hope that things go well for your daughter and the recovery period is unremarkable. Think you did well with Dansk but I do think it is easier if it is inside a defined space.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely work. Nice idea with the sun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a happy little gecko, the Dansk sun is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great ZIA! Love the colors in the sun and, of course, the cute little Gecko.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohhh,, I really like Dansk as a sun, especially paired with indy-rella! I love gecko's too, and it's so perfect on the rocky nzeppel. A very lovely addition to your sun series.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That Dansk sun is spilling out warmth and good wishes. I am glad to hear your daughter is doing well.

    ReplyDelete